This website is dedicated to the good Indian devotee families that have been banned indirectly by Romapada Swami, from even visiting the ISKCON Phoenix (Arizona) temple. Since it was he who orchestrated an unprecedented and unethical takeover of the temple back in 2007, which has resulted since then, in disharmony and alienation of part of the congregation, we believe for his own personal benefit, he is ultimately responsible for these abuses of power.
Our hearts go out to the devotees who have been banned, and they should know beyond a doubt, that this is NOT the type of management Srila Prabhupada would allow, as he managed his spiritual Movement through love and trust. Eventually, Krishna will right the wrong. Hare Krishna.
A Special Report on ROMAPADA SWAMI
aka / Brian Howard Rumbaugh
The duty of a member of the Governing Body Commission (GBC) of the International Socirty for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON) is stated in the Oath of Allegiance on the official site of the GBC:
1. To accept His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada as the Founder-Acarya and Supreme Authority of ISKCON, and to follow his teachings, instructions and directions.
2. To accept the Governing Body Commission of ISKCON as the ultimate managing authority of ISKCON as directed in Srila Prabhupada’s last will and testament.
3. To abide by the Society’s spiritual rules, namely no illicit sex, no intoxication, no gambling, no meat-eating and chant a minimum of sixteen rounds of maha-mantra japa every day. To follow the principles set forth in Srila Prabhupada’s books.
4. To accept that all ISKCON’s funds, assets and properties under my control or direction, including anything ISKCON may have acquired under my direction, is the sole property of ISKCON and in the event of my death, resignation or other relinquishment of all ISKCON responsibilities, all these shall accrue solely to ISKCON and at all times I shall have no claim on them whatsoever.
5. To be guided by the spiritual directions of ISKCON’s management, to cooperate with the local GBC representative, and to fulfill my duties in a serving spirit never intentionally acting against ISKCON’s interests.
6. I will maintain the spiritual programs, standards, and teachings established by Srila Prabhupada in the projects and with the devotees placed in my care. I further agree not to involve the Society or those devotees placed under my care in any activities contrary to the above mentioned principles.
ROMAPADA SWAMI is a "public figure" who also considers himself to be an authoritative representative of the guru param para disciplic sucession coming down through Srila Prabhupada.
From publishings on his own website and other published advertisements, it appears that he also considers himself to be worthy of being worshiped by his followers and disciples, being God's divine and pure representative. Some indications of accepting worship by his followers are the allowing of putting of his picture on an altar while doing pujas, and the performing of Vyas Puja celebrations in his honor, etc.
While the creators of this website do not have any personal vendetta against the person featured here, the following submitted statements, stories, accounts, and eye-witnessed events by devotees, some who have either worked under him and by a few devotees who were his personal servants, call into question whether Romapada Swami is truly qualified to be either a GBC representative of ISKCON, or a guru and initiating spiritual master.
They also call into question the basis of this man's honesty, integrity, and authenticity of being whom he says or thinks he is. The spiritual qualifications of integrity, honesty, and accountability of a GBC member and ISKCON guru, are extremely strict. In this regards, we will submit the short stories on this website and let the readers draw their own conclusions.
Unfortunately today in ISKCON, devotees who may know of some discrepancies or deviations within the topmost leadership level of ISKCON, within the GBC, are in most cases afraid or even intimidated to speak out or to report any negligence, improper management, or abuse of GBC power, for fear of being punished by some member(s) of the GBC or ostrasized from the institution all together.
Nevertheless, we are trusting that the powers that be in ISKCON, and more so, the tens of thousands of devotees that are a part of the ISKCON institution, after viewing these reports on Romapada Swami, will do the needful to make further inquiries, to honestly investigate, and if need be correct and bring him to justice.
For those devotees and authorities In ISKCON who do go on to make further inqueries and investigation, we request that they will respect those individuals who had the courage to speak up, facing possible indignation in doing so, from a governing body (GBC) that operates totally free from any kind of checks and balances or accountability, outside their own members.
Unaccountability in any organization opens the door for corruption, and the absence of such careful checks and balances can serve as a temptation to an otherswise, initially, sincere person or devotee. Therefore it behooves that the GBC should put into place fool proof measures of accountability to help insure the preservation of purity in the spiritual Movement started by His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada, as well as for the spiritual protection of all ISKCON's members and supporters.
Devotees in ISKCON, as well as its congregation and the public, look to the members of the GBC to uphold the "purity is the force" principle, and to follow the rules of authority they are obligated to uphold as their fiduciary duty as bone fide representatives of Srila Prabhupada, the Founder-Acharya of ISKCON, and as defined in his teachings and instructions.
We are sorry if the information posted herein may adversely affect the faith or spiritual life of persons who may have some relationship with Romapada Swami. In the past, the truth was withheld about many ISKCON "gurus" who had deviated, and as a result many devotees felt they had been cheated and thus drifted away from being active members of ISKCON.
The truth must always be presented, even though we may wish it to be different. Above all else, the purity must be maintained within ISKCON and especially within its GBC leadership.
It is advised, even by the GBC itself, that members or supporters of ISKCON should always see Srila Prabhupada as their ultimate authority, guide, and shelter, as such a pure devotee is above the four defects* of a conditioned soul.
Srila Prabhupada is the topmost pure devotee and acarya, and thus will never disappoint us. His divine mercy, blessings, and shelter, are always available to anyone who is sincere and honest.
* (The four defects of a conditioned soul are:
to commit mistakes, has imperfect senses, is illusioned,
and has a tendency to cheat others).
His Divine Grace
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
Founder-Acarya: International Society for Krishna Consciousness
Follow me on Twitter
Follow me on Flicker